Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

php.ini with Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

rorqual

Programmer
Jan 12, 2001
FR
Hello,
I have a problem with my Linux Server (apache,mysql,php)
I can't define the include_path in php.ini
There's only one php.ini to modify???
And the error message is :

failed to opening 'include_phplib/astro.inc' ...(include_path='')

also : in local (with windows 98) it's run properly
and the problem is because php dont know the include_path (the '' ...)

Thanks to send me the process to can run that!
Sebastien

If you install PHP as cgi mode,then you can edit php.ini in php directory to include needed include_path.
If you install PHP as Apache module you must set $PATH to include the directory of php.ini,then you can edit it as CGI mode.

You must to reinstall Apache after you modify php.ini

Hope this helps you!
I want to emigrate Canada or Australia. Any relative information you supplied will be appreciated!

zallen@cmmail.com

I had that problem just yesterday, so edit the php3.ini, grep for 'include' and write any additional pathes after the keyword "include_path". The very basics is setting it to the servers DOCUMENTROOT, I suggest to include other pathes as well. After editing it you just have to restart or reload apache. regards
chenn

chenn or zallen,
it don't run anymore...
I have made that Chenn talk about : in the php.ini I have add the true path, but when we run the script there's always include_path='' ...
I don't understand what... (I have reload Apache)

thx if you understand my problem

I know there's a thing that I don't made or made bad but I don't know what...

Sebastien

Was this ever working properly? Did you put a /full/path/name/to/your/include/dir/variable/ Are you sure that php.ini is being looked at. Try renaming it to see if you get a different error or put some garbage in it to see if that generates a different error. Try moving into your /usr/local/lib directory.

I don't know the exact anwer here but I do know you do not have to reinstall Apache if your make a change to your php.ini file. You merely have to stop and restart httpd.

war...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back