Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

php.ini, php_gd2.dll, startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneNewbie

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2002
US
Hi folks,

I am running php 5.0.4 on IIS6 and everything appears to be good except for GD. I have my extensions in c:\php\ext and I have that line set in php.ini. I have several extensions working currently so I'm confident that is correct. However, when I uncomment extension=php_gd2.dll, my pages won't load and I get an error in the console stating:

Application popup: Warning : PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\php\ext\php_gd2.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found.

The file is there though. I think I found the issue but I don't know how to fix. When I hit phpinfo(), the configure line reads:

cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"

Since the documentation for GD says that anything after the "--with-gd=" should point to the directory that contains the library...my guess is that it's looking for GD in a shared folder somewhere. How can I either change the configure line to read just "--with-gd" or where do I add a shared directory so that it can read it? Other suggestions? Thanks!

Stu

Hi im not sure if this will help however when I had a problem installing GD i unncommented the extension like you have however in the php.ini file I also changed the following statement

Code:
; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
;extension_dir = "./"

to the correct extension and then uncommented it.

I then placed a copy of the dll into the system32 folder, restarted my computer and away it went.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back