Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP Form script 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vacklin

Programmer
Nov 13, 2001
US
Hello,

I have searched everywhere for a PHP form processor script that both emails the form results AND updates a MySql database.

Does anyone know where I can find one? I appreciate your anyones help in finding a script.

Thanks, Vickie

Are you looking for a premade script that does all this? Or are you willing to write one yourself. If you look at the php manual you will find nice examples how to send emails as well as how to run queries. Armed with that knowledge, writing a simple script that does both, should not be a problem.

Vragabond,

Well, being very new to PHP I had already written a script to send mail and one to update a database but I didn't know how to combine the two - it just wasn't working.

I took your advice and found the correct way to incorporate the script to do both.

Thanks for the advice. I learned a lot by doing it myself.

Vickie

Sorry to sound like a complete amateur hehe but I'm struggling to find the bit of the manual which tells me how to do this - could somebody link me plz ?

TIA, ro88o

There has been a lot of things mentioned here -- running queries, sending emails, combining different scripts... what exactly are you looking for?

ro88o,

There's really not a part in the manual that tells you how to do this. It's a great tool for learning PHP though. I find tutorials much easier to follow but refer to the manuel at times.

Here's one that will give you the knowledge to write your own script. It covers more than just sending email from a form and updating a database. It's very useful and pretty easy to follow.

I'm really new to PHP so I can't be of much help if you get stuck but there are some real experts here on these boards that are always willing to help - like Vragabond.

Vickie

Hey Vacklin,

Have a star for the link, excellentay. Regards

Thanks Zor for the star! I'm glad you liked the tutorial.
Vickie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back