Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP EMAIL Coming up with "!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garabaldi

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
CA
I hope someone can help me... because this is frusterating me...

I have a php script which is sending out an HTML email. All the html code is embedded within the body of the email.

What I've noticed is that after a certain amount of characters either the script or the email is adding an !. I think this is something to do with PHP as I have smiliar code in ASP and it does NOT print this exclamation mark.

This exclamation mark is being inserted into the source code. It looks like it is trying to place a line break in the code to start a new line. The problem is that it is either screwing up the formatting (example : b! <new line--its not printing this new line bit> order-collaspe) or it is being printed so that it is visible to the end user.

Has anyone else come across this. More importantly does anyone know how to fix it???

THANKS YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!! (stupid exclamation marks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back