Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

php doesn't recognize mysql 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiveygb

Programmer
Jun 24, 2003
US
I'm at my wits end. I've installed both php and mysql. Both seem to work okay but I cannot get php to list mysql in the phpinfo page. I have changed the extensions dir path and uncommented the php_mysql.dll line in php.ini. I don't know what else I could do. I've ensured that it is indeed referencing the correct php.ini file and have rebooted. Any suggestions would GREATLY be appreciated. Thanks.

Run a script which constists entirely of:

<?php
phpinfo ();
?>

And check the output for "extension_dir". What value is returned? Does this jibe with the location of php_mysql.dll?

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

Good catch!! I was having a similar issue in that php was not referencing the correct .ini file (had to create a totally new env. var to get it to recognize the correct path) but I totally overlooked the extension_dir. As they say, "It's the simple things." ;-) Thanks a lot.

Don't get me started on the "phantom php.ini" problem. I fought PHP for 6 hours one day until I realized I was editing the wrong php.ini file.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back