Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP CGI Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngnetworkadmin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2006
US
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I keep getting this error anyone know what to do, im on IIS 6.0 and i just used a auto php installer and i set all the correct permissions and stuff but i continue to get this error

When you are running any program as a CGI, it is the responsibility of that program to output all necessary headers.

If you are running PHP as a web server module with Apache or as an ISAPI filter under IIS, the web server provides the minimum header: "Content-Type".

Make sure that the first thing your CGI outputs is an appropriate "Content-Type" header, then a blank line, before any other output.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

Again, output the appropriate "Content-Type" header for what your script will output. Output a blank line. Then start the body of our output stream.

The minimum script would be something like:

<?php
print "Content-Type: text/html\r\n\r\n";

print '<html><body>hello world</body></html>';
?>

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

its not running a script its when i try to acess a page is when i get that, like im installing a forum on my site and when i try to go to the install or any other .php file i get that error, is there anyway to fix it for all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back