Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP and Windows Integrated Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

lechuz

Programmer
Jan 8, 2003
MX
Hi!

We are migrating from ASP - SQL Server to PHP - SQL Server on a first stage (later we will change sql server with Postgress SQL).

But in ASP we always used Windows Integrated security to access the database and to solve all the security issues in our application.

Does anyone knows if it's possible to use the windows integrated security (windows authentication) with php? That's important to me because I don't want my user to be prompted for two different passwords, one for the application and one for the database.

I will appreciate your help a lot.

I had a similar question a few weeks a go, and from what I can make out, no-one has ever tried!

I know now that you can get the users network login from: $_SERVER['AUTH_USER'], but I don't know if this helps you login to mssql.

Regards --BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back