Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP and MAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltrane

MIS
Aug 13, 2001
US
Im having significant issues with speed when using seperate email functions to send email using PHP.

Im working on a weblication that takes request from a customer, and then writes that data to a MySQL dB. At that time, my manager is emailed and notified that there is a new work order in queue.

When he assigns the work order to personnel, they recieve an email informing them that they have new project. An additional email is sent to the customer, notifying him/her that thier request was assigned.

Is there a way I can perform these tasks without the page hanging? It doesnt crash, but I would like the pages to refresh and transition as soon as they can.

I guess this is more a matter of professional opinion than anything else.

I have pages that both insert data into the db and send mail - they don't suffer from any 'hanging.' So my first question would be - why do they hang?

Might be sendmail bumping into slow DNS when actually sending mail or something like that, rather than a problem with your pages...? Matt
matt@paperlove.org
If I can help, I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back