Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photshop slowness

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattere

Technical User
Nov 2, 2005
US
We have recently installed the Adobe Creative Suite version CS2 on to some machines, and are receiving complaints of slowness (at least within Photoshop).

Example: When doing something as simple as switching tools, it may take up to a minute before the newly selected tool is useable.

Before installing the application suite, I made sure to un-install any previous versions of the same stand alone applications and re-boot the PCs.

The machine I am working on presently:
IBM ThinkCentre A50
Windows XP Pro SP2
Intel 3.0GHz processor, supporting hyperthreading
1GB total RAM
2.4GB paging file

Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

Update your graphics card, if that doesn't help try turning off it's hardware acceleration.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Try downloading the latest patches for both Photoshop and Bridge. Also, you may want to allocate scratch disk file to a secondary drive.

Zed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back