Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

photoshop5 wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

user999

MIS
Jun 20, 2006
US
photoshop installs with no errors. but when I try to start it, it will load up to "initializing the icc engine" and then it crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but it always crashes at that same point.

Is it an original copy?

What os are you using?

Are all the system requirements meet?

Have Fun...

Sharky99 >:):O>

running windows 98se, pentiumIII 700mhz, 320mb ram, over 9gigs free on the partition that I installed it to. video card has Nvida Gforce2 MX chipset and 32mb of ram

I've read numerous posts with similar questions and the answers all seem to point back to: How many fonts do you have installed? For some reason, Adobe products have problems on systems where 100 or more fonts are installed. You might want to consider finding a font management program that allows you to install/uninstall fonts without removing them from your system. Think of it as activating/de-activating the fonts you use on a regular basis or need for a particular project. It's worth your consideration.
B-)

i had the same prob on a system almost the same as urs but not as much ram and a lil crappier v-card i dunno what was goin on so i installed it on my better system and it seems to run fine and i heard the same about the fonts thing but i really didnt have that many fonts on my comp at the time i would suggest to check the fonts i dunno what to tell ya to do unless u have a lil better comp like i did but for sure check the font program out

I have to agree with horqua... it sounds like a font issue. If you have too many fonts or a corrupted font, it will crash pagemaker, illustrator and photoshop on opening or upon working on a project with a bad font.

My personal recommendation is to keep your installed fonts at around 100... any more and you can be asking for trouble. Use a font management utility to manage your fonts, such as adobe's ATM Deluxe 4.1 (it has to be Deluxe to handle TTF) or Bitstream's Font Navigator ships with CorelDRAW, or The Font Thing that works well on 98/NT from: as a free download.

Hope this helps When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back