Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop welcome screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdguru

Technical User
Sep 20, 2006
CA
On the photoshop welcome screen (cs2) there are many names of persons. Sometimes some names change. How is this done? Can we add or delete some names there?

Thanks

jdguru

How do you know it is the credit list of people from Adobe?
It does not say so.
And let me put it this way: what can I do in photoshop to earn my name on that list?

Thanks

jdguru

Firstly, Get a job at adobe programming Photoshop.

Secondly, Contribute something useful towards the development of the Program, even then highly unlikely they'll put your name up there.

Thirdly... I can't believe I'm even typing this out...

Ok... Click on Photoshop then click on the About Photoshop.
The splash screen will come up...

If you leave it. then it will start scrolling through the names of everyone who has worked on making the Photoshop

The chance of you getting your Name on that list are Zero percent, as in none.

Every single program has a list of credits.

Marcus

Thanks for you inputs on this Marcus.
But please do not underestimate people you do not know. I may never make it to adobe since i am not looking for a job.
Secondly, I am not talking about the list of adobe programmers on “About Photoshop“ screen. I am talking about the Photoshop welcome screen and I am sure some of the people listed there are not working with adobe.
Anyway, forget about it for now. I will still find out more on this subject.

jdguru

No Problems...

I just want to point out that it's the same screen, look at the names...
The only difference would with updates etc they might change a few name in the about photo splash screen...

I can pretty much guarantee that all those people have worked in the development of the version of the Photoshop you have.

Why would they post random peoples names up there

none of this post makes sense...

Anyway, that's enough rubbish for one day

Marcus

Hi, I have another question about the photoshop welcome screen (the same screen you get when you click 'about photoshop' in the menu)... It shows the name you entered when installing the product just above the serial number at the bottom of the screen - my dad installed photoshop for me and spelled my name wrong! :( Is there any way I can change it? I know it doesn't make any difference to using photoshop, it just annoys me when I start the program...

Thanks in advance!

~Lana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back