Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop vs. Illustrator Toolbox... shortcuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottydoesntkno

Technical User
Sep 14, 2008
US
So having a greater knowledge of Photoshop, I've moved on to learning Illustrator to get a stronger grasp of utilizing both utilities. I do have a question for those of you who may know the answer that I can't seem to find ANYWHERE.

In Photoshop's Toobox menu, you typically can right click any tool and it will expand a list of similar tools, such as expanding the pen tool to show and select the Add Anchor tool or modify, etc. In Illustrator, with nearly the exact same interface, I've found that I have to click and hold to release the same menu. The click and hold method works as well in Photoshop but I can't right click (which I find to be more efficient) in Illustrator-- or InDesign for that matter. Is there a setting I'm missing or did Adobe just choose to only give Photoshop that feature???

...yes, it is a tad annoying that they have spent much time on getting the interfaces looking the same that the functionality are a bit different...

...it is photoshop that only has the ability to right click tools...

...there is another annoyance about illusrator with regards to the swatches palette and list view/find field as opposed to the tiny icon swatch view, there is a long workaround but Adobe have done little to fix the swatches view problem...

...this thread i responded to a while ago touches on that if your interested:

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back