Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop to Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusee

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2004
US
Hi,
I am new to Fireworks. THe site I am about to manage has some gifs that were made in Photoshop with the .psd extension. I do not have Photoshop now. If I were to manipulate or make changes to these gifs would I need photoshop only ( for .psd files) or can I work with them in Fireworks ( somehow?)
Please guide this newbie.
Thank you

Yes, you can import any number of PSD files into one Fireworks file, which is, I think, yet another of the very strong / powerful attributes of Fireworks. I'm using FW MX, and no longer use 3 or 4, but here is how to do it in MX:

first create a new Fireworks file (PNG)
choose File > Import (then locate your PSD file and import it). All prior layers will be imported as well; so you can actually break apart the images and edit them in Fireworks as well. Repeat for any other PSDs (you can always turn the "view layer" off and just leave them there stored within your PNG. I do that where we use one layout but varying images.

Time invested in Fireworks *always* is time well spent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am woman, watch me code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back