Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop Program Needed for Perspective Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

joewood3

Technical User
Aug 14, 2007
US
No one else has been able to help. I thought with this great site, you would know where to lead me.

I have a unique programming need for Photoshop. I need a tool/program that will allow merged objects (picture street lamps lined up on the left side of the street) to move as a group and change perspective to the viewer. An example being that the view stays the same, but the line of lamp posts is moved from the left side of the street to the right - without getting distorted.

Can you help me or get me to someone who can? I am desperate.

Thank you very much for your help. I'll give the exact detailed problem since it is more complicated that tne lamposts and these suggestions have not worked in the past (the Vanishing Point 'flattens' each item).

I'm trying to have an imaginary marching band spell out words on a football field.

Individual band members and shadows are currently placed one-by-one on a 'blank' field (grass and lines included) to obtain a Photoshop image that looks very much like the band is spelling a word on the field. Each of the band members are individuals and cut and pasted on top of the blank field to make it look like they are actually standing together as a group and spelling out a name.

This works fine. BUT, the problem is that we want to have the "band" spell out many different names. The only way to do this at the moment is to do each name by hand to get the above result, and this can take 40 minutes or more to do correctly. This, because the "e" on the right side for instance, would look completely different if it were on the left side or in the center because of the perspective issue.

We want a way to create just one "e" (and every other letter in caps and lower case), then as the letter is moved from left to right, the perspective changes to match the place on the field.

Please let me know if this is something you can do or if you know of anyone else who could help, I'd truly appreciate it.

Have you tried using a 3D app of some sort?

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

No. I am not familiar with any 3D apps. Do you know where we could get access to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back