Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesmurphy

Technical User
Jan 3, 2006
GB
Help!

We have just made the transition from CS2 to CS3 and have a problem!

Yesterday I launched an image placed InDesign from the links pallet. Made an amend in photoshop and when I went to update the link back in InDesign it said "Can not place this file, no filter found for requested operation". Strange I thought, so went to open the photoshop (tiff) file again and re-save it but I couldn't open the file at all.. The message said "Could not complete the request because your file is not a Tiff file"!

This problem seems to be linked specifically to Photoshop as I have just had a freelancer spend 1-hour retouching an image only for it to corrupt again! She had called the file a different name from the original and placed it in InDesign fine. However, I asked her to change the file name in finder and sure enough, we now can't open the file. Whenever we click on the file it says "Could not complete the request because your file is not a Tiff file"?

Help!

It seems you're using Mac. have you updated the OS lately. We had some problems with PS after an update. No other apps gave us any problem. We trashed PS and its prefs files, reinstalled and everything was ok.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back