Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyow

Technical User
Nov 26, 2004
US
I have just acquired a new laptop and am attempting to put Photoshop 7 on it. This is an upgrade from my Photoshop 5.5 so I installed 5.5 first and then installed 7.0. When I installed 7.0, it said that everything was installed just fine. However, when I try to open 7.0, the white startup screen appears and begins to load the program. About 6-7 seconds into loading, the screen suddenly freezes. I have tried to open 5.5 and it opens just fine.

My computer is 1.5ghz with 512 ram. Every other program that I have installed has worked just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this problem? I would appreciate any help.

Hi,

If you upgrade to 7 shouldn't the old version no longer be there? Are you sure this installed properly? Did you try removing v5.5 in case of any conflict errors?

Just a thought.

Hope this helps!

NATE

mainframe.gif

Got a question? Search G O O G L E first.

Upgrades do not replace previous versions. At least not on the PC.

Every time that I have upgraded, the old version is still on my hard drive. I have always deleted the old version. I have tried running 7 with 5.5 still on the hard drive and I have tried running it with 5.5 removed. Either way, 7 will not open up. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

When the white screem appeard can you do a [Ctrl Alt Del] and choose the task manager and on the process tab see if there is something tying up your PC?

Hi,

You could also try re-setting the preferences: faq229-2082

Not sure if that will actually work but it's worth a try.

Hope this helps!

NATE

mainframe.gif

Got a question? Search G O O G L E first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back