Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomer32

Programmer
Feb 11, 2004
US
Hello All,
I am very new to photoshop and need some help. I own a small company and I have about 30 employess. I want my employees to wear ID badges. I have bought avery ID
software kit but cannot seem to get it to do what i want and i have called there tech support and it is now good. How can i copy and ID into photoshop and edit it?? Add text or take text away??
Thanks in advance

Boomer

How can i copy and ID into photoshop and edit it"

Can you Explain a bit more like what's an ID (an existing badge, a employees picture etc.)? Do you have a scanner if needed?

I am sorry id is the badges them selves and yes i do have a scanner. Hope that is what you want..thanks again for you time and help....

Boomer

Boomer - if you're putting photos on the IDs then work with sizing the photos in Photoshop - then it would probably be easier to set up the photos with the ID information in another application - you could use MS Word - they have templates provided for most of the Avery labels.

Or find the size of the label, put in the photo, then use the type tool for the other info for each person. Setup a grid in PS that matches the Avery setup and line up the number of IDs per page.

I agree with dmacster's method, use PShop to size, crop and clean-up photos as necessary then use MSWord and its Avery templates to add text and pictures to print on the labels.

If you don't already have the pictures in digital form you will need to scan them first.

hope this helps

Thanks again for all your help...I thought today should i use a OCR Software to accomplish this???

You can if you have it but:

If it's just Name and Department or something like that, it's not necessary. Just scan the photo into Photoshop then add text and print to your labels using word. Or for that matter you can add the text using word and photoshop can be eliminated or used only to enhance the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back