Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop CS5 - copy/paste text problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

camyba

Programmer
Jan 18, 2008
RO
Hello,

I have a CS 5 copy/paste problem. When I select text from Photoshop and paste it into a html editor or notepad or anywhere except Photoshop, doesn't work. If anyone had this problem and found a solution please tell me because it's very frustrating.

Tank you very much!

can you tell me what "doesn't work" means?

exactly what have you done so far and what were the results?

Probably your text has been rasterized.

If you can't select the text with the text tool in Photoshop then you know it's rasterized..

Rasterized text are pixels and that's why you can't paste them into a texteditor.

carlow

@carlow - text is not rasterized, is just regular text. I can paste text into Photoshop but not form Photoshop.

@mscallisto - the simple function of copying text form Photoshop and paste it in another application, like a notepad or a HTML editor etc... I've restarted Photoshop, I have looked at all the settings of Photoshop and nothing looks out of normal, I have restarted the computer. The only thing I did not do, because of lack of time, is reinstalling Photoshop.

I'm thinking is a setting of Photoshop that i'm not seeing or is a problem with CS5. Anyway, i'm gonna reinstall Photoshop as soon as i get the chance and if that dose not work i'm gonna ask the adobe people.

Thank you all.

I tried to mimic your problem.

When I highlighted the text with the text tool it worked.

When i selected the text with the move tool, it didn't.

maybe that's it

Before reinstalling maybe you can try this:

Maybe your preferences need to be reset to their install state, they sometimes get "hosed" and strange happen.

While holding down the [Ctrl Alt Shift ] keys, Start > All Programs > Photoshop.

A MessageBox will ask "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File" to which you answer Yes.

The Preferences file will be rebuilt to factory settings.

sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back