Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop CS5 Application error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bindu143

Technical User
Sep 8, 2009
GB
Hi

We have Widows 2003 /XP as client OS with GPO in place. I have installed photoshop CS5
on all client PCs. When i login as a admin and run the photoshop program it works well.But at the same time if a user with GPO and open the CS5

A dialog box pops up which says

Adobe Photoshop CS5 photoshop Application error.
The instruction at 0x0c6b183a referenced memory at 0x00000000.The memory could not be read.Click ok to terminate the program.Click on cancel to debug the program.

we have almost 400 users and for all users we have created one single roaming profile which is located on one of the shared drives on our network and is called studentprofile

For all the 400 users Under-
User Properties-
Profile -
User profile-
Profile Path--
The user profile path points to \\meredian\profiles\studentprofile

Now when i remove the profile path for a test user \\meredian\profiles\studentprofile ,
completely blank
and run the photoshopCS5 the program opens without any error.But if i point back to the studentprofile under the Profile Path and run the photoshop program again it fails and i get the same error.
So it something to do with the profile. I gave full permissions on the studentprofile for the test user but still dosent work.

Any ides appreciated.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back