Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

photoshop 7 and 6 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfriberg

MIS
Apr 16, 2002
US
good afternoon,
one of my users using photoshop 7 saved a psd file and a tiff file and sent it to another company that has photoshop 6. The other company says they are not able to open either file to see the picture (it comes up with jumbled text). am i missing something here that photoshop 6 & 7 are not compatible? i didn't think this was ever an issue before, but we have never sent psd's out of the office.

thank you for your help!

Jumbled text problems may be attributed to text used in the file - not a version conflict. The other user may not have the same font installed on their system. Send a copy of the font file along with the PSD file.

i will try that, thank you very much! i will post if that is the fix or not.

Hold it - I missed the 'TIF' reference...

This seems to be a file transfer problem. How are you sending this file?

The other place is opening the files as ASCII when you are trying to send BINARY image files. If possible, save your images in a compressed archive (ie: Stuffit Expander/DropStuff [Mac] or Zip [PC]). This helps trim the file size for online delivery and the filetypes of SIT and ZIP are usually recognized by FTP and HTTP clients as binary files.

#@$^%! those silly emoticons/smileys. I meant to say:

(ie: Stuffit Expander/DropStuff [Mac] or Zip [PC]).

thanks for your help guys, it looks like it was in fact a file transfer error, we sent them the files on a cd first, that they got the error's on, but then i emailed them the same files again and they opened just fine both the psd and tif... i guess i will have to give my users a refresher course on how to burn a cd and close the session on the cd.

have a good weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back