Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop 7 alt key for healing brush won't work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumbee7

Technical User
Sep 10, 2008
US
Does anyone have an idea why the alt key would no longer function when cloning or using the healing brush? I'm unable to designate a point to copy from.
I've restarted the PC and program. I'm running Windows xp. I did a diagnostic on the keyboard and it passed. I've also tried different keyboards.
Thanks in advance!

Maybe your preferences need to be reset to their install state, they sometimes get "hosed" and strange happen.

While holding down the [Ctrl Alt Shift ] keys, Start > All Programs > Photoshop.

A MessageBox will ask "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File" to which you answer Yes.

The Preferences file will be rebuilt and hopefully your problem is fixed.

sam

Thanks but, no luck.
Guess I'll just try reinstalling PS7 and see what happens.

Just noticed that when I do press the alt key when trying to use the healing brush it highlights the File section of the tool bar.
I've searched all over the web to find a solution. I also did a system restore. No luck.

So to recap, this used to work but recently stopped?

You are holding down the alt key while clicking a place to "copy from"?

Resetting the prefs was no help.

I too would probably reload pshop at this time; anyway it can't hurt.

sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back