Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop 5.5 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

millencolin

Technical User
Jul 13, 2000
AR
I've recently installed Photoshop 5.5 and when i click on the "Save for Web" option i keep getting this error message.

"Could not complete the Export command because Photoshop 5.0 does not supply the services requieres by the plug-in module."

I have Photoshop 5.0 also and it works and always have worked fine.

Does anybody know what can i do?

Thank you. [sig][/sig]

I've never had this problem, but I have had problems with Photoshop having trouble with plugins. I re-installed the software and this fixed the problem. I've also seen problems arise from 2 versions of Photoshop being installed at once. Are both installed? [sig][/sig]

yes cantwelt i have them both installed because they told me to do that. But also installing the 5.5 version on its own it desn't work [sig][/sig]

You must have Photoshop 5.5 upgrade. Well, I'm sorry I don't have any other words of wisdom. If it were me, I'd re-install and if that didn't work, I'd be calling Adobe. [sig][/sig]

if you have both photoshops installed to there own files, look at the plugins folder and try copy a missing plugin from the older version to the newer. possible pshop placed some plugins in the wrong place.

best thing to do is install the newest version only, as long as it is not an upgrade version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back