Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop 2 slideshows

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajke

Technical User
Jan 12, 2008
US
I have problems saving a slideshow of 28 minutes in a window media format so as to edit it in premiere elements 2.
I am using photoshop elements 4. My program shuts down after 8 minutes of attempted save.

can anyone give me a suggestion?

ajke

...what pixel dimensions are the images being used?...

...apparently elements or premiere don't like images much more than 1024 x 768 or so...

...this link is useful, applies to up to date elements users too:

...also verify the transitions and effects being used, if you have complex effects, try rendering those complex regions first to see which areas are problematic...

...elemnts will allow you to render individual sections of the timeline/sceneline so that they can be previewed in real-time. As long as those sections are not altered, there is no need for re-rendering those areas...

...if you come across complex areas that crash the program, then re-create those areas again, then render it out...

...then render the less complex regions individually to ensure those areas don't crash the program...

...now, as long as you don't alter it after this point, try rendering the whole show...

...might also be worth disabling any virus scanning software you may have running at the same time...

Andrew

...also to add...

...have you looked at trying the 'Send to Premiere Elements' command in PS Elements instead of WMV?

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back