Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photos on continuous forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moss100

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
GB
I have sucessfully used the method of storing paths of photographs and displaying the content in an image frame, but on continuous forms it displays the same picture in all records. Has anyone an idea how this can be worked around?

Many thanks

Mark

This cannot be done without a lot of work.

I have heard that Access 2007 does not bloat with embedded images, if so, it should be possible to use images in continuous forms in the 2007 version.

Will 2007 not bloat with linked items also??

Thanks Mark

Apparently not:

Access 2007 now supports BMP, GIF, JPEG, Exif, PNG, TIFF and DiB without bloating the database size. Images with transparency work great. You can see how we're using transparency below - the buttons are all transparent, as is the image in the title bar.

--

I'm using Access 2003 and our solution was to have a button that opens a report in print preview designed to look like the form. It works fine for our application since we aren't editing the data when viewing the "continuous form" in print preview. We don't show the photos on continuous form for editing and use a single view form if need to see a photo while editing. If you need to edit and see all at same time, this method probably won't be of use, but thought I'd throw it out here just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back