Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photogrammetry points to Land Desktop points

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasethewind

Technical User
Oct 29, 2004
US
Here is the situation:

I have a drawing with Photogrammetry data in it.
Contours, Elevation location (an X with the elevation next to it), trees, etc...

Is there a way to take the "X"(it is a block) with the elevation associated with it and turn it into a Land Desktop point, or create a point at the intersection of the X?

I do not want to use the contours mesh my Land Desktop surface with the Photogrammetric (real word?) surface.

I want to do this globaly.

Thanks.

Is each point a separate block insert; is the elevation text an attribute or just un-associated text? (If you exploded one it would probably be apparent....) May be some hope for global points if elev is an attributed block. Is there a "command line" weay to create LDD points, this might be useful in a routine.
If not maybe a 2-step approch, first convert block/elev to a "point" at the given elevation, then use LDD to (group?) convert to LDD points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back