Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photo Gallery Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BretteCCR

Technical User
Oct 17, 2006
AU
I'm making a website for the company I work for using Microsoft FrontPage 2003.

I have put a photo gallery in and it works fine on my computer however when I transfer it to another computer using a USB, the thumbnails wont display, however the large pictures still show up.

I have been told that its a problem with the thumbnail path, however I am unsure how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

ADD: I am a very very new beginner to this, so if you could make your replies a easy to understand and detailed, I'd really appreciate it!

Are you publishing to the USB drive or copying in windows explorer?

I'm copying from explorer to the USB....does that make a difference?

Make sure you are getting all the files and folders in the exact order they are on the HD.

I have found folder structure is very important to FP and if you change anything (move files, copy files, rename files, or folders) it is best to do it inside FrontPage so it can make all the changes for you.

Once you copy it over, make sure you have the "photogallery" folder that FP created for you when you inserted the photogallery component.

DBigger

Thanks heaps! I'll try that, I'll also try publishing it to the USB instead of copying because I think I may have been forgetting/missing the entire 'PhotoGallery' folder.

:D

thank you dbigger, your suggestion worked perfectly and i now have a wonderful working website.

thankyou
thankyou
thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back