Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phones ringing for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

omer99

Programmer
Feb 22, 2004
CA
Hi, I have an IPO 500v2 rel 8.0.44 . Some phones are ringing randomly from time to time without reason, there's no calls and the only way to stop the ringing is to disconnect the phone. THe phones are a mix of Nortel set M series and T series connected on TCM cards. As anyone ever got this issue?

This was addressed on another thread where the recommended action was to delete the user and recreate the user to fix the issue.

I had this as well, recently. Ringing on hanging up. Seems like it was a real simple fix having to do with voice mail settings, but I can't quite remember. I'll check my notes and get back.

That's voicemail ringback, under the users voicemail tab. If you get a voicemail while on a call, the voicemail will call you when you hang up. I don't think that's what is happening here, but I could be wrong.

No, it's a bug with R7 and R8 (possibly earlier too), don't think they know what it is so can't fix it, you need to delete the user and recreate then it will stop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back