Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phones losing MiVoice Border Gateway IP address settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
We've found multiple instances of Call Center Agent phones losing (or even changing!) the SRC IP setting in MiVoice Border Gateway settings on 6920 phones.
Depending on the employee, we can sometimes walk them through checking and updating where necessary. Others aren't so tech savvy or simply don't or won't get it. Obviously, the result is calls not being recorded and emails for Data Streams Missing.

So a couple questions here
1. Why does this happen and can it be prevented?
2. Can we check/change it remotely (or push it out automatically?) without driving to each call center site?

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.7.1.103-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.106
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

you could set the PBX Ip address to be the SRCMBG address in dhcp .

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Set the address in DHCP so the phone picks up the correct configuration on bootup, then set "Enable Device Configuration" in the COS to 0 to prevent the user from being able to enter the phone settings to change it.

Thanks, we'll check that out. Honestly though, I don't think the users would know why, where or how to change the IP. It seems to be a widespread issue.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.7.1.103-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.106
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay