Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PhoneMail Invalid Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darveesh

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2005
US
We had a recent power outage with our HiCom 150 and Office PhoneMail devices. The units are back up at this point and functioning, however, the PhoneMail now does not allow me to enable or disable any extensions. When I go into the Installation Options menu and try to enable or disable an extension, no matter what extension I put, the unit keeps saying "you have entered an invalid extension". All the previously setup extensions and mailboxes work fine however. What gives?

I have an office phonemail, but I never do anything with it. The interface looks pretty similar to the regular one I use daily.

If that is the case you probably need to do a backup system, down phonemail, and then do a fixup database. The database may be corrupted from the power outage.

I did find one thing. If the extension already has a subscriber mailbox enabled, when you go to the option to enable/disable the extension you get the "invalid extension" message. If I disable the subscriber mailbox first, then I can go back and disable/enable the extension. However, this did not fix the issue for the 2 latest stations I am trying to set up... maybe I have hit a limit of somekind...

Does anyone know the number of subscriber mailboxes an Office Phonemail (2 port running version 1.03) supports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back