Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phonebook search on first name 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1fanatic

Programmer
Jan 28, 2008
GB
Is there are an easy way of doing the above, or do i need to Flip the last name first name in the suer form?

Cheers Guys.

You can search for First initial.surname. I.e. j.bloggs

Does that help?

Could do but beleive the customer has a few scenario's of,

James Brown

John Brown

So both would match to a J.Brown.

Just wondered if there was option in system option assignment or COS where i can tell whole system search on first name first, was hoping there was a fix for this in MCD4 as before i have had to flip first name last name in user.

Cheers

if the names have been input in the standard format e.g. Lastname,Firstname then you can search using the comma as the first char.

To get the comma I believe you press # twice.

##566 would yield ,jo
##52 would yield ,ja

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

That is a very good answer and you do learn something everyday!!

Thx KWBMitel.

Yes you can search for it first and last name, look in the telephone directory, I think there is a check box to allow it. We did this on out last Mitel install, think its only available in MCD.

We are currently on MCD 4.0 SP2 but have required to search by first name from version 7.0.

I am not aware of the solution suggested by RobEvansonCIT, but by simply placing both the first and last names within the surname field has worked for us.

This was preferable to reversing the fields and allows names to read correctly throughout the system albiet with the 19 character restriction.

just enter the name in the tel dir as

First name surname with no space works every time

CCNA,CCNP,CCVP
HP AIS
Full Mitel

ignore my last post

i ment no , or -

so first then last

IE

Bill Smith

CCNA,CCNP,CCVP
HP AIS