Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone will not dial after 5 minutes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyMc509

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2001
US
This one is weird! I have a user that called and said her phone will not dial at all. She has an analog 8102. I went up, listened to the receiver and started hitting buttons but nothing happened. I brought up another 8102 and plugged it in. It worked fine, case closed. I got another call from her 15 minutes later. The new phone is not working. I switched her back to her old phone and now it works. I wait 5 minutes and then it will not dial anymore. I can hear a dial tone and I can receive calls but after 5 minutes I can't dial? Anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have

I have had occasional wierdness here. Try swaping out the cable between the phone and the wall jack. One time a we found that there was a short in the cable due to a user spilling water down the back of the desk, down the wire and into the jack. Fortunately none of the equipment seemed to be damaged aftwer swapping the cable out. Just for fun you may also want to busy and release the station if it goes though the PBX
-Jay

I would change the analogue port and put her on another analogue board and see if the problem still persists

When I upgraded 7400 to 8400 same thing would happen. Punch downs had to be re-punched, use the other pair. 300 sets two weeks, lots of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back