Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone setttings , misc questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterRobot_imported

Technical User
Oct 23, 2015
TN
Hello,

i have a couple of questions about the 46settings file , the latest one (22 April 2019).

Q1 : is there any command for half/full width columns command "SET PHNSCRCOLUMNS 1" for SIP 9611 phones or it is just supported for H323 phones?

Q2 : when setup a specific language and time format on 46settings file for both SIP and H323 phones , if a user modify these settings from phone menu , its remain always for its user preferences , can i prevent that and all users cant modify thoses settings and they got they preferences from 46settings only ?

thank you and best regards

1. The setting will specify which firmwares it's for - so if it says H323 6.0+ only, then it doesn't work on sip

2. I don't think users can change time format and certainly not time zone. The settings file will lock that.

Re: languages, there's different files for h323 and sip, but the config is generally the same. You define which languages to load, which language the UI is in first, and whether English is available at all. So, you could set languages to German, set system language German, and the set will be in German. A user could go in the menu and change it to English. You could add a setting to disable English entirely.

I haven't tried with sip, but I know with h323 you've still got to deal with some stuff. The settings file only defines the language of the phone UI - not the language of the keys delivered by CM. So, you'd need to make sure the language on pg1 of the station form is German otherwise no matter what you do in 46xx, the call forward and send calls keys will still be in english.

In that situation, you might want to use groups on the h323 station form. Group 1 says set Lang German, set syslang English, and the station form is English. Group 2 has station Lang German, 46xx set syslang German, disable english.

Generally users don't pick their language, you administer for the one they speak, not for them to switch around. It's not going to change their mailbox or other stuff.

What situation or use case are you trying to cover?

the use case is to lock these settings ( changing language and chaging time format 12 or 24 hours ) and the phone get his settings frm the 46xx file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back