Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phone set to phone set call. can I make appear only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

modulistic

Technical User
Feb 7, 2008
US
BCM 450, two 7316 sets. the customer is a court and would like to recieve calls internally through the flashing light only. I can assign a target line and get it to appear only, but internal calls will not volume down all the way.

any alternatives?

Toss the 7316's

need 2 anlg ports
- change to anlg phone turn off ringer and add flasher.

It's only dialtone-VZ

Customer didn't like it. I think I am going to just break the ringer in the dig set

the red light above the LED display does not light when its on DND.

Its for inside a court room, so the judges assistant is there taking notes and calls from internally, and they dont want the ringing to disturb the proceedings. I just took the phone apart and clipped the damn speaker and they are pretty happy, but I think its insane that you cant make a DN appear only. is it possible for the sets own dn to 'appear DN?' and appear only? I dont know. I didnt have a lot of time to figure it out.

any more ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back