Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone paging on a Merlin Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomAvatar

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have a customer that does a group 799 page. What they want to do is lower the volume as it comes over the phones. The volume button does not lower it. If there is no way to do this, then is their a way to just limit it on extensions that are not in use. The ones that are on the phone complain of the volume of the page, and really do not want it going over their speakers. Please advise.

That would depend on the Version of the Legend.

All Releases of Legend, and the Magix have the ability to allow or disallow VOICE Calls.

That feature was complained about since Legend R1. (AND I COMPLAINED ABOUT IT AGAIN AT THE RELEASE OF EACH AND EVERY UPGRADE)

People didn't want to be bothered when they were on the phone, but they still wanted to get their voice calls when they were not on the phone.

So, when R7.0 came out, Bell Labs informed me that there was some "Enhancement" money available, and asked; "How do you think this should work?"

Therefore, Legend R7.0 and Magix have an additional feature that allows you to have VOICE ANNOUNCE TO IDLE ONLY. That is, if the phone is not in use, it will receive a Voice Announcement.

Otherwise, it will just ring when called by an individual using the Voice Button to call them.

Paging will still come over the Speaker, unless they are using the phone. (Voice Announce to IDLE Only)

Also, I am certain that the SPEAKER's volume can be controlled by the volume button, but it must be changed during such an announcement.

Of course, if the user cranks up the volume on a Speaker Phone call, all bets are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back