Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone number/service question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeroot

Technical User
Oct 4, 2006
US
Is there any technology out there that would allow our corporate office to obtain local phone numbers in other states and have the ability forward incoming calls to those local numbers to cell phones (or any other phone really)?

I know locally, we can go through our phone company and get a phone number for the different parts of our state that ring through to our main line. I think they call that a Market Expansion line? I'm wondering what's available to do this on a nationwide scale. Anyone familiar with this?

If your phone switch supports Voice Over IP trunks (basically a virtual T1) then you can contact a VOIP company like DigiLink (who I've done business with before) and they can get you numbers anywhere and send them to your PBX. Failing that, I'm sure that they or someone like them would be able to get you numbers anywhere and just forward them to your main number.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)

My Blog

Thanks Mr. Denny. I'll check them out.

Kodr: Reluctant to use GV yet since it's not deemed ready for business. Love GV for personal use though.

You could try posting here too: forum461

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Not sure if this is an option. order your "market expansion line" (we call them virtual lines) but instead of having them ring your main line have them ring a new dedicated line. This new line can of course be forwarded to anything. This will of course cost you the price of one analog line (per group) and the cost of your "market expansion line".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back