Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager V3 Citrix multiple sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

RW111

Programmer
Feb 28, 2004
GB
Guys,

Phone Manager loaded onto a Citrix server serving two seperate sites each with an IP406. 2Mg Lease line between the two. Got a problem were PM will only allow you to select one PBX IP address at a time.

So site A Citrix users log onto IP Office 192.168.1.250 and Site B Citrix users log onto IP Office 192.168.2.200. Both site work seperately but not simultaneously. So to get one site working you need to change the PBX IP address and its stops the other site working.

Also speed dials not saved. Seem to believe that this is due to profiles being stored in My documents for the User instead of the Root directory. IT Guy tells me that this will not work as the Citrix users do not have a my documents. The old software used to store it in the root directory.

Any ideas. Sorry about the long thread

On your Citrix server, you would need to have multiple user profiles (defined in AD or Citrix) for when users login to Windows. You would then login under each profile, and setup Phone Manager as required.

The data for the PBX will then be stored in the user's registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Avaya \ IP400 \ Phone Manager).

The HKEY_CURRENT_USER tree in the registry is user related, not machine related, so each individual's information will always be unique.

If you need users to share one profile, then you must do something different such as launch Phone Manager with a VB Script which enters the PBX info into the registry.

Your speed dials are similar to my last reply. Phone Manager, like Windows, now has user profiles. Your speed dials are in your Phone Manager profile which is stored in the user's My Documents folder, as you have said.

As above, you need each user to have their own Windows profile on the Citrix Server. This way, they all get their own My Documents folder.

Alternatively, use Active Directy to re-map user's My Documents folders, so that you can control the profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back