Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager Lite on Terminal Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil204

Technical User
Apr 13, 2011
GB

I am having issues with phone manager lite on terminal servers. On the whole it works pretty well but I have an issue with the speed dial internal members not showing their status i.e busy. Some users work and some don't and I can't find any logical reason why ths would be. I am using an ip500 v2 running software 7.0.23 and the latest phone manager lite. The phones are digital. I have followed the manual by having a blank skin, turning sounds off and disabling hide on close.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

>I am having issues with phone manager lite on terminal servers.

Are the terminal servers on a different subnet to the IP office

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Yes they are, I am installing a 10 ipo's in different locations and the terminal servers are sat at 'headoffice'. The network is fine I think as having installed 3 sites already call quality is excellent. Very frustrating as some user's are fine and some just won't work.

It will only send BLF updates to the first 10 addresses registered from different subnets :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Ahhhh ok I take there is no way round this its just one of them things?

Thanks for the info

I don't think there is a way around it, you could add the second LAN port on the system to the network (needs to be different subnet than Lan1) and have another 10 register via that giving you 20 in total but that's it :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Ahhhh ok I take there is no way round this its just one of them things?

BLF is usually broadcast by the IPO. As Andy has pointed out, the first 10 (only) PM instances will register for unicast updates and despite these "registrations" being from the same IP they are classed as unique. This is a limitation of the system.

Potentially, you could use some heavy-duty and obscure Cisco commands to forward the broadcast packets onto the other subnets. I did soem research on this a while ago and figured that it might work, but never tried it (yes I know that routers block broadcast, but this was some real Cisco-fu)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back