Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager IP for home with Digital set for office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2007
US
What is the best practice for setting up a user to use a Digital set at the office, but an IP Softphone when at home or traveling.

Should you setup 2 separate Users and have the user login to the IP user when at home? How do you handle the user's desktop phone being covered (Bridge Apps, Cover Button??) to the IP Softphone.

Or...should you have the user login/out of the IP Softphone and Digital phone to pull all the call routing where ever they are.

I usually go either IP or Phone Manager Pro.....kinda looking at using both here and wanted to see what works best for those out there.

Thanks,

Tim

What I have done in the past is use 2 different users and have the remote user log into the desk phone from home and use follow me. Set the follow me to the IP set and log out of the desk phone then log into the IP phone and take the calls. Then they do not need to have 2 different mailboxes all calls will ring to IP then cover to main VM. Just one of many ways to do it.

Hot desking is possible for a digital set and softphone using the same extension number.

The digital station must have a different number as the user has, the IP telephone must have the same extension number as the user.

In the user telephony settings enable force login but do not enter a logincode.

On the digital set the user can login with *35*extn nmbr*#
In softphone use agent mode to login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back