Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone line alerting system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgiovanni

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2004
US
I am looking for some kind of phone line alerting system. What I would like is a piece of software to automatically dial (via modem or even better Skype) my company's 800 phone numbers and if there is no answer it sends us an email warning us that the IVR is down.

I've googled till I'm blue in the face.Anyone know of anything that can do this?

I have seen many custom implementations of what you are looking for, but never a commercial one. A modem is a VERY poor way to do this, but a voice capable modem can do a functional job, as can a fax modem if you can navigate to a fax or modem from the IVR.

Better solutions are CTI cards like Brooktrout, Natural Micro Systems or Dialogic, especially ones with digital interfaces (rather than analog like a modem) because they receive signaling that positively identifies whether the call was answered.

pansophic

After much searching I found a product to do this. It is a product called IVM by a company called NHC Swift Sound. It can do what I wanted right out of the box with just a little configuration. All I had to do was buy a voice-capable modem (I went with the Zoom 3025) and the software, which was only like $160.

Upon installing it I setup 2 Outgoing Messages (OGMs), one for Answered and one for Unanswered. Upon Answered, I just tell it to hangup, if it is Unanswered I tell it to email a distribution list via the email plug-in (free download from their site).

For anyone out there in a similar situation, I highly recommend this software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back