Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone/Fax/Modem switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a Micronetwork Manager 7700 Phone/Fax/Modem Automatic Telephone Router Switch which links to a single incoming phone line. Unfortunately, it has stopped working due to a pulse or glitch on the line a while back, and without a workshop manual or circuit diagram I am unable to repair it. I cannot find anyone selling or maintaining this equipment anywhere.

Anybody got any information on this item, or perhaps any suggestions for a suitable replacement - I'm located in the U.K. so not sure if U.S. equipment will work on our phone system here...

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Thanks for the response BIS, but unless someone has "rejuvinated" this company in the last week or so, it ain't trading anymore. I called them a while back and got no answer, my e-mails were returned, and upon checking with ZETNET administration, they told me they'd closed down.

Any other ideas please?

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Try doing a search for a ComSwitch 5500 or 7500 from Command Communications. They sell diverters in a lot of retail stores in the US but I'm not sure about the UK. If not try the CompUSA or Office Max website to see if you can have one sent to you. I have never used one so I can't tell you how reliable they are, sorry.

If all else fails maybe you can do a search for a company called Bek-Tel. They used to make a diverter called a ls3, I believe. They might still have them around.

Hope this helps.
-Fil

Thanks filakio for the info. So far none of them have U.K. outlets, but are prepared to ship over. The only slight downside on buying U.S. orientated products of this sort is that the secondary ring tone is of course the American type which will probably confuse the h*ll out of people dialing in here!!

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back