Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone errors on MCD 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

begems

Technical User
Dec 19, 2003
BE
Hi guys,

We recently update a few of our customers towards MCD 5.0. And we noticed a lot of 'endpoint' errors. When we contact Mitel, I always get the feeling they suggest we're the ones making the errors... So I just wonder if you guys faced some problems to after the upgrade.

Here's what we saw:

5340: The phones (500 +) were all busy with the html upgrade for hours... A hotdesk user phone (or acd hotdesk agent phone) downloads a help file in his configured language and the screensaver every time the user logs on or off. We had to delete the help files and the screensaver as a workaround.

5320: The phone application keys aren't working.

5224: Some phones came up with the backlight fully lit, but with an empty screen. They were however able to make/receive calls. In our lab, I connected one of those phones and in first instance it worked fine. After I went back to 'factory default' settings on the phone, I faced the same display error...

5360: The calibration of the screen can be described in one word: horrible. But that was the case since the 5360 was launched.

Do you always go to maintenance and load all devices?

Do you always upgrade the bootRom?

Haven't done more then one MCD 5 upgrade and have not seen your issues. That site didn't have a lot of phones however.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back