Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHONE CANT REGISTER TO CUCM OVER WAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

pea123

Technical User
Aug 26, 2009
Hi to you all.

I want to connect a Cisco 8941 phone to a remote site via WAN link. I can ping the CUCM 9.1 from the remote site and also the CUCM can ping the phone since the phone has a static IP address.
The problem is the phone keeps writing PHONE NOT REGISTERED. I am sure I need to do something on the CUCM to make it allow the phone to register. Connectivity between the CUCM and phone is not the problem.
What do I need to do for the phone to register?

Yes the phone is added in CUCM and when connected in the same Lan (that is at same site)with CUCM it works.

My guess is that you have a firewall somewhere in the middle blocking specific traffic.
Probably tftp.

Fortunately there is no firewall. I heard that there is somewhere where I must tell the CUCM to accept registering a Phone at a remote site. I did not get it. I suspect that is what I need to do. If you know different please help.

so what is the topology between the call manager and the remote phone?
Is it a home user trying to register a phone? Can you be more detailed?

The CUCM IP add is hard coded in the phone as TFTP IP add..

{Remote Site(Cisco Router)} -> WAN LINK -> {(Cisco Router)Main Site} [CUCM]
|
Firewall
|
Internet
Between the sites there is no Firewall and no DMZ. It is just a straight through tunnel. No security issues.

Is this the only phone on any WAN link? Or do you have other remote sites that are working?

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

{Remote Site(Cisco Router)} -> WAN LINK -> {(Cisco Router)Main Site} [CUCM]
*************************************************|
**********************************************Firewall
*************************************************|
***********************************************Internet

Yes this is the only phone on the WAN. There are no other remote sites.

Have you verified the switch port is configured correctly?

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

Switchport has default settings.

Since this is your only phone that's at a remote site have you verified that the router is configured to communicate with CCM and setup for voice?

The great use of life is to spend it for something that outlasts it. ~William James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back