Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone A w/viocemail box FWD to SDN number in Callpilot will not play the menu recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multitech

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
US
Phone A, ext 20000 FWD to SDN 29909 will not play the recording in the menu it will go back and play 20000 voicemail. The setup is at lunch & when the business is closed fwd phone 20000 to SDN 29909 and play the scheduled message. 12:00-1:00pm fdw to sdn 29909 & play closed for lunch any time outside of 12:00-1:00pm play office closed and the caller can stay on the line to be transfer to voicemail box to leave a message. When I fwd the phone 20000 I do not get the menu message, sdn 29909 I get ext. 20000 voicemail. Is there a way not to go to 20000 voicemail. If I call 29909 it works. I get the menu and when I stay on the line I get transfer to the voicemail box.
The phone 20000 cls SFA

setup:
Setup a phantom with 29909 dcfw to voicemail
TN 252 0 02 02 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
MRT
ERL 00000
WRLS NO
DN 29909 0 MARP
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST 0
SCI 0
SCPW
CLS UNR DTN FBA XFA WTA THFD FNA HTD ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFA MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMA LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXA ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD SDND
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
CWND USMD USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
CDMR PRED MCDD T87D SBMD PKCH MPTD ELCD
RCO 0
PLEV 02
PUID
UPWD
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR DCFW 8 24980

Setup a SDN 29909 and assigned the menu to 29909.

It will always, always, carry the originally dialed DN into Voice Mail. SFA has nothing to do with it

Yes. Both SFD & SFA did not work. Is there a work around or a way to trick it?

With the set up you are trying I see no work around. If you dial 20000 it will carry that # into voice mail every time. This is by design.

Your options - either change the extension and mailbox or delete the 20000 mb. Extensions forwarded to CP or MM, system always checks MB before SDN.

I think it actually checks the SDN table first before the mailbox, but regardless, the outcome is the same in this scenario.

Thanks for your help. That will be my plan B.

If the SDN is a DID you could forward outside the system to it's DID but this would busy a couple trunks...

If the BARS is set up correctly forwarding outside the system to a DID that resides locally wont work because it will keep the call internal. That is if the BARS is set up right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back