Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone 8 ports dead in 500V2 Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedphones

Vendor
Oct 11, 2005
US
One of our sites is having an issue with the phone 8 module dead on all 8 ports. It gives a small ticking/spitting sound almost like something you might hear if you put your butset on a digital port. If i plug my tone into the ports, set to tone, not continuity, I don't get a bright LED indicating power, but instead a dim flicker that pretty much times with the ticking/spitting sound.

I have power cycled, I have powered down, swapped out for another Phone 8, still no luck.

I have powered down and moved it to slot 3 from slot 2, powered up, still no luck.

The only other thing in the main carrier is a DS8 with PRI in slot 1. No issue there.

Wondering with 2 bad 8 Basics tried, and tried in 2 different slots, could it actually be the 500V2? Everything else works perfect, there are DS16 and 30's as well with no issues. The phone 8 is fine back at our shop in our bench unit. They are 9.1, the shop test unit is also 9.1

The module shows up in System Status as the correct module.

I am at a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back