Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phoenix Aware BIOS on Shuttle XPC SN68TPG6 Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMCT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
Gentlemen -
I just received a new barebones that I was able to install WinXP Pro SP2c on. The real purpose is to install Kubuntu and use as a Linux desktop box. However, I cannot get Linux to install. Research shows I need to disable ACPI in the BIOS. In this BIOS I can see the option but it is grayed out disallowing turning it off.

Has anyone seen this before? Why would this be in BIOS if it was not configurable. I guess I'm venting my frustration and dissatisfaction with this box.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Thanks[thumbsdown]

I'm guessing you've already tried resetting the BIOS back to defaults, moving the CMOS jumper, taking battery out, etc.

Might be worth checking with the motherboard manufacturer's website for an updated BIOS. There may also be comments or pointers relating to the issue of disabling ACPI...

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Why not install Kubuntu with the option "ACPI=off", and or "noacpi, at the boot splash screen...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Couldn't have been said better - Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back