Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

philips sopho and G3R V8 q-sig problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoenT

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
NL
We have a G3R V8 and a Philips Sopho 3070 switch connected with a Q-sig link. This appeared to work just fine for oevr half a year. Right now we have all sorts of small problems when trying to make calls from one switch to the other. Soem calls just give a busy tone, some make the connection but without sound and others get routed to the wrong extensions (only from g3r to sopho). When I look at the trunkstatus I can see that channel 16 is out of service, but all the other channels work (it's a 2 mb link). As far as I know nothing has been changed in either switch's config in the last few weeks.

Any ideas?

KoenT,
If your primary D channel is out of service there is not a lot of signalling going on...Silly question, but have you tried to busyout/release the trunk, DS1 etc? It might just help.

That's my question because port 16 is the primary D-channel and that is causing your problems....

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back