Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phasor 840

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS16

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2005
US
i opened my phaser 840 to clean out all the dust and manually open the maitnance draw i also resat the main board and the hard drive.now when i turn it on i get a grinding niose and fault code 08.001.44 if anyone has any ideas as to what that fault is or how to fix the issue i would appreciate it

Thanks
AJ

i also alligned the belts but when both get to the top it starts making the noise again and it gives me the fault

it appers it was just wierd timing and that big black motor went......... anyone know the part number or wheree i may be able to pick one up cheaper than xerox any ideas let me know

Thanks
AJ

ok guies sorry for my many replys to my own post..... i actually think it may have something to do with the clutches as if i reposition the belts to the arrows before i turn it on it starts up fine im waiting for a part so i cant see if it prints the part should be here today however if i power the printer down and back on i get the same problem with the grinding and such until i power down open it up and reposition the belts back to the arrows any ideas why this is happening????

Thanks
AJ

AJ,

Try realigning the cap/wipe/purge belt there are alignment marks on the right and left side. The marks are near the middle of the guide slot on either side.

J

I have done that many times they seem to have the problem only when the belt wants to move slow when it moves at full speed its fine at slow speeds i have to help it and thats no way to print lol... any ideas???

Thanks
AJ

Hey, Check the little clips inside and the little "clamprings" that holds the CWP assembly. So that the metal pipe and rode are far enough in or out.

Hey AJS16
The Cap- home sensor did not see the sensor flag whne expected. The home sensor may be fault, or the paper- feed motor may not be operating. The CWP clutch may be failling, or the assembly may be jamemed. Check the belt and gear on the right side of the duplex roller. Do the exit rollers turn while turning on the printer? if yes does the CWP move att all if yes is the CWP sensor working if yes replace the I/O right board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back