Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser Xerox 4400N Printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Challenger

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
AU
Hi,
Anyone out there using the Phasers ? I have a new one installed at work and I'm getting an undefined error page print after every print on through the ethernet card. It has %-12345@PJL EOJ on the page. This error page has come and gone previously, I had power cycled the printer when it came back again, I've changed the timeout's from Unlimited to 60 seconds, perhaps it didn't save those once powered off. It does print postscript through it's parrallel port, so perhaps it's getting confused swapping from one to the other . So anyone with Phasers ?
Thanks,
Steve.

Is that the extent of the error message? That's actually a "PJL" statement, which is an HP (I think) language for "Print Job Language". It shouldn't be causing any problems. Printers that understand it should process it, and printers that don't should ignore it, since it's formatted as a PostScript comment.

You might see if this printer allows you to "turn-off" PJL.

Thomas D. Greer

Thanks Thomas,
Yeah, the message is pretty much as follows:

jobname:
error: undefined
offending command:
file:
%-12345@PJL EOJ

It prints that at the top of a page after every print and wastes a page ! I'll have to check through all the options, it seems to not hold all it's config when power cycled.
Steve.

That's strange indeed. The "EOJ" means End-Of-Job. I wonder if the actual problem occurs just before this statement.

If you'd like, print one of the problem pages "to file", and post a link to it. That way we can examine the entire print stream.

Thomas D. Greer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back