Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860N -need steps to replaced bulbs in drum heater 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony11228

Technical User
Jun 28, 2004
US
Hi there! Where can I get instructions to properly disasemble and replace drum heater bulbs on my Phaser 860N?
Thank you in advance.

It's been a few days since you posted this and I just began
posting. Do you still need some help with this?

ldouglas912

Hi, Where can I get instructions to properly disasemble and replace drum heater bulbs on my Phaser 850?

Thanks for your help.

Larry

Make sure you see how it was before putting it back.

1 Ok. Take off the right and left side covers.

2 On the left side take disconnect the head tilt spring

3 Take off the Upper feed roller electric cluth and everything that is with the clutch(Its the clutch that has a black wire and it is located in the left side of the printer, in the front) There is also a tiny belt on it.The clutch has a tiny clip. just take that out and it comes off.

4 Remove the left and right maintenace drawer guides(they are blue and located inside under the maintenace tray. You also need to take out the maintenance tray to get to it.

5 If you have trouble removing the drawer guides, go to the right side of the printer and manually turn the wheel that is located in the bottom middle. This wheel moves that roller left or right.

6 On screw the metal piece inside that has a yellow sticker showing a hand.

7 unplug the white connector ( the Upper feed-roller assembly has the white cable that needs to be unplug)

8 take out Upper-feed-roller assembly ( There is a clip on the left side, on the roller that is the same as the one the clutch has)

9 Unscrew and take out the paper/drum heater and replace bulbs.

I hope this helps.

On step 9 there is a plug connected to the paer/drum heater. It is located and gets disconnected from the right side of the printer.

I might add that you don't want to touch the bulb glass with your bare hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back