Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 Paper Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jchu

Technical User
Aug 26, 2005
US
Have a phaser 860 that jams at pickup. Ran diagnostic and unit fails the chase test. The feed roller clutch don't seem like it's activating when performing the chase test. I did an test on the pick clutch and seems to be working. Anybody know what would cause this? I've replaced the clutch and still encountering the same problem.

With the cover off, does the pick clutch rotate and move the paper? Does the black plastic guide that the paper enters have 2 paths? They are prone to breaking after several years exposure to the heat inside the unit. There should also be a pass flag on the right side of that guide. If so, then does the paper make it up to the upper guide (chrome lips). If so, then there is a flag problem in that assembly. If the flag doesn't trip, the paper fed clutch doesn't activate.

Thanks for the reply. I found a broken sensor behind the drum heater and took care of the paper jam problem, but now the unit will print a page then restart itself. Any idea what would cause that?

I have a similar problem with my 860. I was wondering what sensor was broken and how did you fix it. Thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back